There are several ways of becoming an owner or co-owner of a racehorse:
Sole owner of horses which run under his name and his colours.
Several persons can become co-owners of the same racehorse in association. Operation of the association is governed by the SECF, the horses run under the colours of one of the associates designated as “director” who pays the centralised winnings into an account opened in his name at the SECF.
All the associates must be approved by the SECF commissioners. The SECF proposes association type statutes to a maximum of 10 co-owners. Regular visits are organised to the trainers’ premises to attend the work sessions, so that everyone can share their ideas concerning the development of the racehorse’s career. We meet on the racecourse in a friendly atmosphere to watch the horses run under our colours.
Trotters selected by us are available in 10 % or 20 % shares, including:
- Yearlings, born at the Haras D’IDEF and resulting from careful cross-breeding
- Horses qualified as ready to run
- Horses already in racing career
Average investments per share:
- For a 10 % share: between EUR 2000 and EUR 5000 – The price may be higher depending on the horse’s pedigree, quality and performance
- For a 20 % share: between EUR 5000 and EUR 8000 – The price may be higher depending on the horse’s pedigree, quality and performance
- You will receive the race winnings in proportion to your percentage ownership.
Tax advantage: winnings are tax free for non-participating owners